It’s the start of September, with this month marking the 125th anniversary of women’s suffrage in NZ. And happy Father's day to all the dads out there! Here’s some of what’s been happening in our industry - advertising, design and digital - over the last week.
- Big advertising spender Pernod Ricard moves media buying inhouse, but maintains where agencies add value is creativity and that there's still "big money" for great creative ideas.
- Is KFC's latest marketing ploy a step too far? See the what all the fuss is about here.
- One of the biggest multinationals Coca-Cola just made a multi-billion dollar deal in a bold move, becoming a threat to Starbucks. See it here.
- We love these colourful wheelchair cover designs!
- We're also loving the Color Factory, which opened recently in New York after a successful San Francisco showing. A multi sensory exhibit, inspired by the colours of the city, with 16 participatory installations, by artists and designers. It includes a giant ball pit, to make adults feel like kids again, so much fun! Definitely worth making time for if you’re in either city.
- The Auckland Heritage Festival is currently on, celebrating the people and cultures from all over the world that have made Tāmaki Makaurau the diverse city it is today, with lots of interesting events to discover.
If you found this RUNdown useful, please share it with your online community. We know how to create great strategy, design and advertising and use the latest technological innovations to a brand's advantage. Contact us now for more details.