Here’s what’s been happening in the world of marketing, advertising, design and digital over the last week.
- We’re excited about Techweek2020 starting today, with heaps of great talks and events and Techweek TV throughout too.
- The strategic case for diversity is not about a brand purpose.
- New logo and brand identity design for Iceland National Football Team.
- Whānau Mārama, The New Zealand International Film Festival is back, with the premiere of Ngā Whanaunga Māori Pasifika Shorts 2020 on tonight.
- Google reclaims the DSP no.1 status as advertisers’ preferred platform.
- Nice new branding for The Prince’s Trust, designed to uplift.
- McDonald’s UK is launching a major new marketing campaign to mark the reopening of its restaurants after falling “briefly silent” during lockdown, celebrating the ‘return of the mac’.
- With Plastic Free July in full swing, this article discusses the history of plastic, focusing on the main reasons big beverage brands won't ditch plastic bottles.
- Gmail is integrating Google Chat, Rooms, and Meet to take on Microsoft and Slack.
- Amstel’s new identity is designed for beer drinkers all over the world.
- Through innovative technology, Phantom have been able to pick up personal information from the people who have been in front of their recently launched OOH digital screens, providing an opportunity for marketers to spotlight ads.
- Creatives, if you missed it, Adobe 99U Conference now available on demand!
- A new era for Bauer NZ Magazines begins, with flagship titles coming back into publication, including Woman’s Day, New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, and The Australian Women’s Weekly NZ, Your Home & Garden, NZ Listener and Air New Zealand’s award-winning magazine Kia Ora.
- A little about the new Seattle Kraken logo, naming and how it took 20 months to get it right.
- Great calendar by Australian designer Christopher Doyle - ‘2020 Revised Edition’ - pretty much reflecting our year!
If you found this RUNdown useful, please share it with your online community. We know how to create great design and advertising to a brand's advantage, pairing it with the latest tech innovations. Contact us now and let’s have a kōrero.